Lazada Philippines

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The New Face of Camp John Hay

If there's one spot that I barely visit when I'm in Baguio City, that'd be the Camp John Hay. Being one of the most famous tourist destinations in Baguio City, I seldom recommend it to my companion whenever we are in Baguio. For one, there's really nothing to see there and second, it's hard to reach the place if you do not have your own car.


But when the Eurotel Team took us there for the Baguio Bliss 2012, I was surprised to know that a lot of things have changed around the area. The quiet and very peaceful camp before is now the center for some exhilarating activities that you can do now inn Baguio City.


The zipline that you only experience in Tagaytay and Bukidnon is also available now in Baguio City, and you can find it here in Camp John Hay.


There's also paint ball field, target shooting and wall climbing activities that young and adult can enjoy. Everything is brought by Paintball Republic, one of the many reputable outdoor-activities facilitators in the country.


We were given a chance to try their zipline, which cost us Php150.00 per head. I must say that comparing their zipline to the ones that I've tried before, this one is kinda short and kinda expensive too. But, heck, if there's one thing that I love about ziplines, that is how the wind masks my face, and Baguio's cool air is something I wanna experience.


It'll took only a few seconds to install the harness in my body gear and it'll only take a minute to reach the other end of the zip. It wasn't that really scary, but worth the try, I must add.


After reaching the other end, since there are no stairs there, you have to rappel down. Now, here's the challenging part. You see, I've tried ziplines before, but not rappelling. 


At first I was quite nervous as to how to get myself on the ground, but with the proper guidance of the "kuya", I found myself enjoying jumping up and down til my feet reached the ground. It took a minute or two to get myself on the ground. With some sweat on the head, I think I get the value of my money there.

Their paintball field looks challenging too because of its uneven terrain but it may take a lot of our breath so we just said passed on this one.

In addition to all of these activities of Paint Republic, I was also surprised to know that there's also a Tree Drop now here in Baguio. But of course, that is a different story, something that I'm not ready to experience. Haha! So probably, I'll braved myself first and will try that some other time. ^_^


For now, if ever you'll be going to the Summer Capital of Philippines, make it more exciting and fun with these new offerings that you ccan found inside Camp John Hay!

Happy summer!





4 comments:

  1. I'd love to try paintball in Baguio! Hope I get the chance when I visit this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Camp John Hay, but wasn't able to take pictures because we were on an amazing race! sayang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much per head the paintball shooting? Kids and adult?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much per head the paintball shooting? Kids and adult?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...