Lazada Philippines

Saturday, November 1, 2014

How was your October?

October may be over, but for someone who had a great and exciting month of October like me, it will always be remembered! Special thanks to Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila for inviting me to their annual Oktoberfest celebration, I get to learn how Germans drink and party all-night while enjoying their very own music, food and style.


Last October 18, together with some blogger-friends, we get to enjoy what it is like to be in Germany's Oktoberfest through the wonderful accommodation of the German Club of Manila and Sofitel Manila. A festivity that spells beer, beer and more beer, everyone definitely had a great time dancing to Germany's music while munching on some German dishes and gulping some beer.


I think I had more than what I supposed to have, but come on, I rarely to go parties like this, so yeah, I enjoyed every minute of it - down to my last sausage, down to my last beer, down to my last click of my camera.


I didn't know that we have this huge of German audience here in Manila, and it was so fun to see most them on their traditional outfits - the Dirndl and Trachten Lederhosen. Oktoberfest is indeed not just about beer drinking, it's a part of their culture that is celebrated no matter what and where ever you are.


Sofitel Manila's Oktoberfest featured Germany's traditional food such as Würstl (sausages), Weisswurst (white sausage), Sauerkraut (red cabbage), Schweinebraten (roast pork), Brezen (pretzel) and a whole lot more.


It you'll ask me, it was more of a German sausage galore! Those sausage are the bomb! I can't remember how many I had that night, but one thing I can remember those are de-li-cious!


A part of the program is the beer drinking contest. There was a segment for women, and there are two segments for men - because there were a lot of men who want to vie for the prize. Hehe. At the end, we had two winners from men and one from the women.


Sofitel Manila's Oktoberfest 2014 started on the 14th and ended that night. How I wish I have those German's energy in dancing and drinking because I really had a great time experiencing it all. I also wanna thank my blogger-friends, John of Kumagcow.com, for recommending me to this event! 

Cheers, everyone! Until the next Oktoberfest! Danke!



1 comment:

  1. You seem to had a blast. Continue writing and inspiring! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...